Sunday, July 06, 2008

A fan Letter: What ever happened to the Nightmare character that was to debut in the 1980's?



Dear DFG:


I know that after the Spy-Master and Captain Nepto finished up their story arc in Spy 5 there was supposed to be a new 'hero' to continue in the series. I think his name was "Nightmare". Do I win a DFG prize for this?


Lexington Mazaicecreamconey
Texas, USA

Dear Lex:
The only prize you are worthy of is the DFG dumbell prize. Preliminary work was done on the Nightmare storyline and set to run in Spy Comics Volume 2 #6. This is no secret because of the extensive advertising campaign associated with that issue. Nightmare did appear in the latter issues of Spy #96 and was even featured on the cover of #8! He reappeared in Spy Comics Presents #1, in 2006. Watch for cameo appearances in issues 4 & 5 of the same title.
So no... no prize for you. If you were a real DFG fan you would have known this. So go to your local comicshop, or ebay, or whatever and pick up those back issues, you bonehead.
Affectionately,
Frank Daniels,
DFG Production Manager
(and answer man).
Dear Frank:
You CANNOT be telling me that the Nightmare of 1987 is the SAME Nightmare of 1996 and the new continuity. Please confirm!!
Lex

Dear Lex:
Not only am I telling you that it is one and the same person, I'M TELLING YOU IN A LOUD VOICE!!! And by the way, don't try to tell me that the first one had a hat and trenchcoat while the other seemed to lack any clothes. He just got more comfortable with his body image as the years went by. Now stop bothering me with this inanity and send me a question worth answering. PS: We mailed your DFG Bonehead award yesterday -- expect it by Friday.
Cheers,
Frank.

No comments: